definitively, I have a problem with eap-tls

Sergio sergioyebenes at alumnos.upm.es
Wed Jul 23 01:13:37 CEST 2008

HI,
continuing with Reveal MAP problem with unknown ca's under eap-tls
using default configuration....

private_key_file = ${certdir}/server.pem
certificate_file = ${certdir}/server.pem
CA_file = ${cadir}/ca.pem

freeradius tell me this:

rlm_eap_tls: <<< TLS 1.0 Handshake [length 0bdb], Certificate
--> verify error:num=24:invalid CA certificate
  rlm_eap_tls: >>> TLS 1.0 Alert [length 0002], fatal unknown_ca
TLS Alert write:fatal:unknown CA

well, it isn't a problem:

cp server.pem root.pem
cat ca.pem >> root.pem
then I change CA_file = ${cadir}/root.pem

......and.....eureka!!!! authentication succesfully ....but

now there is a problem to check the CRL because root.pem then, something
is wrong before making root.pem.

....well, just tell freeradius how to find certificates....

c_rehash /usr/local/etc/raddb/certs also doesn't works
I think Reveal had the same problem and I have read about this on
mailing list but nothing.

Also I've tried to install ca.pem on /etc/ssl/certs using "ln -s". Has
somebody encountered problems with this apart from Reveal MAP and me?

P.D. route certification into windows isn't a problem, only tell
xp_supplicant who is root authority (It was logical)