Freeradius 2.0.5 - configure to use mysql radacct table instead of file

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 23 08:52:06 CEST 2008

Vidar Hatlemark wrote:
> I see, so no extra config is needed to route the accounting info from
> the file it now uses into the mysql radacct table?

  As I said, the "sql" module is referenced in
raddb/sites-available/default.  You need to READ it, and uncomment all
of the references to SQL.  This includes the references in the
"accounting" section.

> Since I got the radacct log files I guess I'm sending it wrong? (file
> instead of sql, even though it reads the sql?)

  What I said was that the server is NOT receiving accounting requests.

> Or am I supposed to both get that file with access request AND when the
> clients sends back the accounting packets then it will fill out the
> radacct table?

  What I said was that the radacct packets get populated when the server
receives accounting requests.

> I'm asking so detailed because I expected pfSense to behave and send the
> accounting packets right. I guess it doesn't since radacct is still empty.

  Exactly.  Read the pfSense documentation to see if it supports
accounting packets.

> And in the schema.sql header it says : myslq -uroot -prootpass radius <
> db_mysql.sql

  That's a typo.  It's been fixed.

> So, when I log into the Captive Portal in pfSense using the user in my
> radius mysql table and the radacct tables doesn't get populatet - that's
> supposed to be a fault from pfSense?

  That's what I'm trying to tell you.  Please believe me, and stop
asking the same question again.  The answer won't change.

> Sinse it only gives back the authentication packets logged in the
> radacct file...

  No.  It's NOT logging to the "radacct" file.  Go back and read the
debug output again.