FreeRadius Log

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 23 08:59:39 CEST 2008

Danilo Molini wrote:
> For example: from my pc I try to connect to a router without the correct
> credentials. Freeradius log that my PC with IP address 1.1.1.1
> has tried to make access with the user "admin" and
> password "admin", but do not report the address of the router to wich
> someone has tried to make access, so if I use freeradius for
> authenticating user on many device, I can't know on which device someone
> has tried to make access.

  See the FAQ for "it doesn't work".

  Also, I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.  RADIUS
does *not* provide the IP address of end machines during the
authentication process.  Routers do not usually do RADIUS
authentication, either.  *Switches* do RADIUS authentication.

  i.e. You seem to have confused the roles and/or names of the machines
involved.  As a result, it's difficult to understand what's happening,
or what you want to have happen.