How to send errors filtered to a special log file?

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Wed Jul 23 14:01:12 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2008 13:57 schrieb Stefan A.:
> Gurus,
>

> For my Application, I have to build a central error file, which will be
> parsed by the HP Openview agents for monitoring.
> I'd like to write major errors raised by FR also into this file. It would
> be enough to have the DB errors in there.
> How can I configure FR, that these Messages are appended to this error
> file?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

hi,

I would say, that is no question of FR, but of your system logging. It would
work great if you use syslogng.

But if you have HPOV, why don't you  queuery FR with SNMP? A new agent was
just released and FR should have SNMP functionallity again, At least in the
next release.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42