pam module

Robert Svensson Robert.Svensson at mideye.com
Fri Jul 25 16:52:56 CEST 2008

Hi,
This might be a lame question but I can't get the pam module to work (with vsftpd, or any other pam aware application). I'm runing Ubuntu 8.04 an my config is the following:

module version 1.3.17

my /etc/pam.d/vsftpd:
auth	sufficient	/lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so try_first_pass debug

my /etc/raddb/server:
127.0.0.1	secret             1
192.168.10.57   123456       30

When I try to login to the vsftp server (for example). The login gets denied and the debug output only shows:
Jul 25 16:08:45 robert-laptop vsftpd: pam_radius_auth: Got user name john

John is a valid user in the LDAP that our radius server is using (it's not a free radius server) but it seems like the radius request is never sent so therefore I never get a challenge back.
What could be wrong?

thanx a lot
//robert