Hints file and Strip-User-Name

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Tue Jun 3 20:07:23 CEST 2008

>When run radiusd -W I can see it enter the preprocess module and match
>an entry, but the suffix is not being stripped and entry in users file
>not being matched:

Not being stripped? You think that's the problem.

>Tue Jun  3 12:54:15 2008 : Debug: +- entering group authorize
>
>Tue Jun  3 12:54:15 2008 : Debug:   modsingle[authorize]: calling suffix
>(rlm_realm) for request 0
..
>Tue Jun  3 12:54:15 2008 : Debug:   modsingle[authorize]: calling
>preprocess (rlm_preprocess) for request 0

..
>Tue Jun  3 12:54:15 2008 : Debug: auth: No authenticate method
>(Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

You haven't hacked away at the default configuration by any chance?
Users file entry is not matched because you prevented the server from
looking there. Even if you put "files" back in it still won't work as
you have broken every single authentication method. Well done! Now put
the configuration back the way it was and watch it work.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP