text "files" authentcation fails (2.0.3)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 6 13:03:19 CEST 2008

oz wrote:
> I have no idea how to change this Auth-Type.

  You don't.  You fix the configuration files to use the new recommended
practice, which started being recommended in version 1.1.4.

> [/usr/local/etc/raddb/users]:1 Cistron compatibility checks for entry
> odsl ...
>         Changing 'Password =' to 'Password =='
>         Changing 'Huntgroup-Name =' to 'Huntgroup-Name =='
>         Changing 'Simultaneous-Use =' to 'Simultaneous-Use +='

  Fix those entries.

  Also, change ALL "Password = ..." or "Password == .." to
"Cleartext-Password := ..."  See the FAQ for an example.

> ++[preprocess] returns ok
> WARNING: Found User-Password == "...".
> WARNING: Are you sure you don't mean Cleartext-Password?
> WARNING: See "man rlm_pap" for more information.

  Could you please try reading the debug output, and following it's
recommendations?

> Do I need rlm_pap now in 2.0.3 for using "files"-authentication?
> Any ideas, how I can make users/files authentication work again?

  READ the debug output?

  Honestly.  We don't just say "run in debugging mode" because we want
the logs to be posted to the list.  YOU need to read the output.  It's
not hard.  Things like "WARNING" and "read the man page" should indicate
to most people that maybe reading the "man" page would be a good idea.