EAP-TLS with different CA per user?

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Sun Jun 8 03:56:28 CEST 2008

SecureW2 (List) wrote:
> Frank,
>
> It is not really a configuration issue, but more an Identity Management
> issue.
>
> It is not common to have a CA per user, but a CA per domain. And per domain
> you have users.

In general, I certainly agree.  The catch is that I'm attempting to handle
certs and CAs that are already out on some users machines.  Worst case, I can
start having everyone update certs as needed, but it would be far less hassle
for me to handle it in freeradius.

> So:
>
> User X from domain A has CA 1.
> User Y from domain B has CA 2.
>
> If this is what you are trying to achieve you can simply setup a
> configuration per domain/realm of these users.

The usernames currently don't have a domain portion.  Would it be possible for
me to set a default domain for a given username?  (The list is small, so would
be manageable for me.)  And if so, could you give me at least a rough example
of how I would set this up?

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken