Whether the FreeRADIUS supports switch 3Com 5500G-EI ?

Gennadiy Redko uit1 at zaz.zp.ua
Mon Jun 9 16:09:41 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok ?????:
> Gennadiy Redko wrote:
>> The authorization to FreeRadius is passed at the given moment, but to
>> port is not allotted necessary VID.
>
>   The 3com switch is broken.
Hardly
I have six new switch on a choice.

>> FreeRADIUS does not support 3Com switches ?
>
>   FreeRADIUS is sending the attributes that the 3com documentation says
> is necessary.  The 3com switch is responsible for interpreting those
> attributes, and following it's documented behavior.
>
>   No, FreeRADIUS is not broken.  The switch is broken, or the
> documentation doesn't match the switch behavior.

It is clear. Whether it is possible to check up somehow a management
on adjustment for presence of mistakes? Technical support 3Com
wishes to show, that I somewhere have incorrectly adjusted FreeRADIUS.
But at same stand Cisco 2970 - works.

Here last answer of technical support 3Com: