FR and PEAP question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 10 16:08:56 CEST 2008

Matt Ashfield wrote:
> I'd like to test this with PEAP/MSCHAP requests if possible. Is there a
> howto? Clearly I'm down the wrong path here.

  I'm in the process of writing some howto's for my deployingradius.com
web page.  But $$ work comes first.

  In short:

- start with default config (as always)
- use eapol_test (from wpa_supplicant) for PEAP testing
  - see src/tests/peap-mschapv2.conf for eapol_test configuration
- supply a Cleartext-Password to the server
- use virtual servers to simplify your policy.
  - in 2.0, try to avoid Autz-Type.  It's no longer necessary.