FreeRadius/eDirectory/802.1X authentication issue

Newall, Bryce bnewall at powayusd.com
Wed Jun 11 08:40:48 CEST 2008

freeradius-users-bounces+bnewall=powayusd.com at lists.freeradius.org

I'll take another look if I can get my hands on the laptop again.  But
it still doesn't make sense that a different user (me) has no problem
logging in.  Plus, these laptops were brand new, and when I tested
User3's account on User2's laptop and vice versa, I had the same
problem.  That was the first time either user had logged in to the
other's laptop, and I know I logged in with the correct password;
otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to log in to Novell or Windows.
Yet, they would still fail to authenticate wirelessly.

I'm convinced that it has SOMETHING to do with how Windows is passing
the credentials through to FreeRadius, rather than a FreeRadius problem;
I'm just not sure where to troubleshoot.

Bryce Newall
Systems Administrator
Poway Unified School District
(858) 679-2576