FR and PEAP question

Nicolas Goutte nicolas.goutte at extragroup.de
Wed Jun 11 15:24:03 CEST 2008

Am 11.06.2008 um 14:48 schrieb Matt Ashfield:

> Hi
>
> I’m still trying to get this working. I’m using an XP machine
> plugged into an edge switch acting as a NAS. I’m using the PEAP/
> MSCHAP in XP to authenticate against an LDAP directory. In that
> directory, we have created an attribute called ntPasssword which I
> have populated with the word ‘password’ (create, I know!). Below is
> what I get when I run in debug mode.

You have coded "Password" in UTF-16LE and applied the MD4 hash on it,
before putting it in "ntPassword", haven't you?

Have a nice day!
> In ldap.attrmap I have the line:
>
> checkItem  NT-Password                     ntPassword
>
> in radiusd.conf in my ldap declaration, I have:
>
> password_attribute = ntPassword
>
> I can’t quite figure out what’s going on below. Looks to me like
> the passwords are not matching. Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Thanks

[...]

> Matt
>
> mda at unb.ca

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841