Proxy behavior

Roy Kartadinata rkartadinata at pocket.com
Tue Jun 17 17:12:02 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

We currently use version 1.1.4 with SQL support for both authentication
and accounting. We also have proxy setting that sends accounting record
to a remote server but keep the authentication local using the following
setup:

retry_delay = 10

retry_count = 5

dead_time = 120

default_fallback = yes

realm 1x.domain.com {

        type            = radius

        authhost        = LOCAL

        accthost        = 192.168.12.175:1813

        secret          = xxxxxx

}

realm 1x.domain.com {

        type            = radius

        authhost        = LOCAL

        accthost        = 192.168.12.178:1813

        secret          = xxxxxx

}

What happened yesterday was both remote servers went down for 3 hours
and during that time our log was bombarded by the following error:

Proxy: No outstanding request was found for proxy reply from home server
192.168.12.175:1813 - ID 111

To my understanding, freeradius should mark that remote server as a dead
host but we are still receiving the error above even though we do have
the same accounting record in our SQL database. We even tried to disable
proxy to no luck, the same error were still showing in our log file like
radiusd queuing the requests some how. Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers,

Roy