MacOSX Leopard authentication with Freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 18 03:48:11 CEST 2008

Jelle Langbroek wrote:
... The error that pops up while
> authenticating OSX is the following (see below for extended logs):
>
> Tue Jun 17 20:02:53 2008 : Error: TLS Alert read:warning:close notify

  The client is telling the server that it's shutting down the TLS
connection.

> Tue Jun 17 20:02:53 2008 : Auth: Login incorrect: [userX] (from client
> NAS1-WiFi port 8 cli 001c34c14d76)
>
> Does anybody have experience with OSX clients and freeRadius?

  Apple.

> Does
> anybody have a radiusd and eap configuration file which is known to work
> with OSX Leopard and could you post it to me?

  So far as I know, the default configuration should work.  My guess is
that there's an error in the client configuration somewhere.  Search for
the TLS alert... message on google, and you'll see similar comments for
other software.

> Ofcourse I realise that the problem could be with the AP (WAP54G) or the
> clients itself. I've done many hours of testing/reading though but can't
> figure out what's causing it.

  It's not the AP.