Question regarding eapclient

pallavi dharmadhikari pallavi.vd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 19:49:47 CEST 2008

I mean EAP-MD5 client application, to send EAP messages to the server.
Initially I tried testing authentication, by sending RADIUS  request
and getting accept packets. which worked fine.
Now I am trying to send packets using EAP-MD5.
As per my knowledge, In addition to the radius request and response ,I think
I need to add EAP message attribute and message authenticator fields and
their TLVs in a  structure and use HMAC-MD5 to calculate message
authenticator field value.

Can you suggest me something on this? Is my approach correct?

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> pallavi dharmadhikari wrote:
> > I am trying to test the eapclient on Fedora. When I type this command
> > radeapclient -x localhost 1812 testing,
> > and started the freeradius server to accept the packets from eapclient,
> > the eapclient window gets hanged and nothing happens.
>
>  You should really use eapol_test, from wpa_supplicant.
>
> > Other question that I have is that, if we have to write a EAP-MD5 client
> > , do we need to modify the original server settings ?
> > If yes, then what are they?
>
>  Huh?  Why would you write an EAP-MD5 client?
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Regards