Dependencies of Freeradius 2.0.5

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 10:15:43 CEST 2008

Hi,
> I'm now trying to compile 2.0.5 ... downloaded it, extracted it, and
> executeted ./configure --help  --> but I couldn't find an option saying SQL
> support or postgres or anything ... could you give me a clue about the
> syntax?

run ./configure

it will spew out a lot of WARNINGs if it cannot find required
packages....so you can either read the output, or just do

./configure --with-your-personal-options  | grep WARNING

(where, of course, --with-your-personal-options isnt a real flag
but is an example! you put your desired flags there as per ./configure --help)

by default, freeradius will try to build as many 3rd party
items as it can - if it cant find the required development
headers/includes etc then it wont compile the support in
and will simply throw out a warning. simple as that.
if you do compile freeradius and dont have, eg mysql-devel
stuff installed, then the radiusd will work fine - but
just wont accept or work with any mysql stuff.

alan