Kicking off billing scipt in accounting block

Chris cjl at viptalk.net
Sun Jun 22 08:05:30 CEST 2008

On Jun 21, 2008, at 10:50 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Chris wrote:
>> See Also "exec echo" just below "exec".  As I understand it, that's
>> how
>> you say, "I'm defining an exec module called 'execbill'."
>
>  Which is documented in the "modules" section of "radiusd.conf".
> Which
> is shown in the "echo" example, which he was told to read.
>
>> (IMHO, the default config could eliminate some of this frequent
>> confusion if it were changed to, say, "ldap ldap-module" instead of
>> just
>> "ldap", "sql sql-module" instead of just "sql".
>
>  Maybe.  But no amount of documentation will help people who get told
> to read it... and then don't.

Perhaps users should be expected to go read source code comments to
figure out what's going on, too.

FreeRADIUS is a gem, to be sure, and it continues to help me make
money, but I've configured a lot of services over the years and the
FreeRADIUS "documentation," frankly, sucks.

This fact is "documented" by the lack of a "Documentation" tab or link
on www.freeradius.org.

Chris