mideye authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Mar 1 09:10:54 CET 2008

Norbert Wegener wrote:
> It should be simple to generate a one time password, throw it into a
> database,send it via sms  and make it available for the next time, the
> user requests access. The problem here seems to be, that after a first
> successfull authentication another one with only a new password but the
> already entered username has to be done.
> Can this be realised with an actual freeradius? If so: Where can I find
> documentation about it?

  You first need to define what you mean by "successful authentication".
 Is it sending an Access-Accept?  Or receiving an Accounting start for
that user?

  For this kind of special requirements, I would suggest writing a C
module that implements the logic.  It should be very small, even if it
stores the passwords in SQL.

  You could do much of the logic in "unlang".  The only part I'm not
sure about is the insert/query/delete from a database.