How do I used my customized table in.

johnson elangbam elangbamjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 15:22:54 CET 2008

hi,
    I am using free radius server 2.0 and Ms Sql 2000, I want to used my
customized tables which contains only username and password.I've tried
modyfying the query in dialup.conf, but it doesn't work. Please tell me the
solution.

here is the piece of output after rejecting the user that is stored in the
database

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 32807, id=226,
length=56
        User-Name = "John"
        User-Password = "1"
        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.2.227
        NAS-Port = 0
+- entering group authorize
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "John", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
++[files] returns noop
        expand: %{User-Name} -> John
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'John'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
        expand: SELECT UserName,Value FROM checking WHERE Username =
'%{SQL-User-Name}' -> SELECT UserName,Value FROM checking WHERE Username =
'John'
query:  SELECT UserName,Value FROM checking WHERE Username = 'John'
rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error
rlm_sql (sql): SQL query error; rejecting user
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
++[sql] returns fail
Invalid user: [John/1] (from client localhost port 0)
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> John
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 1 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 1
Sending Access-Reject of id 226 to 127.0.0.1 port 32807
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 1 ID 226 with timestamp +17
Ready to process requests.

Regards
Elangbam Johnson