RADIUSProxy and Attribute modification

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 7 15:23:21 CET 2008

Stefan A. wrote:
> Our current RADIUS Server is unable to configure some VSAs dynamically for
> me. It will be substituted by FR in the near future, but in the meantime, I
> have to support the VSAs for my new NAS.

  It's nice to hear that you're planning on moving to a real server. :)

> I'd like to use FreeRADIUS as a Proxy Server to add/delete Attributes and/or
> modify their values.

  Yup.  That can be done.

> What would be a good start to read about how to configure it.

  My web site has some good pages.  Also:

$ man radiusd
$ man unlang
$ man rlm_attr_filter

  The attribute editing functionality in "unlang" is a little awkward,
and may not do everything you need.  The "attr_filter" module may have a
little more expressive power for what you need.

  I suggest using 2.0.2 and the virtual server functionality.  And doing
*gradual* edits to your configuration.