FreeRadius2.0.2+ mysql +dailupadmin help!

Lance Buttars lbuttars at tenxnetworks.com
Tue Mar 11 22:50:55 CET 2008

hi I have successful compiled and can run radiusd -X but the problem is
I want to use dailup_admin to configure freeradius.

I have mysql install and running the database is running, dialupadmin is
working but I don't think radiusd is reading the database and i am not
seeing it load the mysql drivers how do I know that its  loading the
drivers or if it detected mysql when I compiled it?

thank you for your support

radius:/etc/raddb# radiusd -X > /root/radius

radius:/etc/raddb# cat /root/radius
FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.2, for host i686-pc-linux-gnu, built on Mar  7
2008 at 20:59:43
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/proxy.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/snmp.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/eap.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sql/mysql/counter.conf
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/policy.conf
including files in directory /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/
including configuration file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
including dictionary file /usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary
main {
       prefix = "/usr/local"
       localstatedir = "/usr/local/var"
       logdir = "/usr/local/var/log/radius"
       libdir = "/usr/local/lib"
       radacctdir = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct"
       hostname_lookups = no
       max_request_time = 30
       cleanup_delay = 5
       max_requests = 1024
       allow_core_dumps = no
       pidfile = "/usr/local/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"
       checkrad = "/usr/local/sbin/checkrad"
       debug_level = 0
       proxy_requests = yes
security {
       max_attributes = 200
       reject_delay = 1
       status_server = yes
client localhost {
       ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
       require_message_authenticator = no
       secret = "testing123"
       nastype = "other"
}
radiusd: #### Loading Realms and Home Servers ####
proxy server {
       retry_delay = 5
       retry_count = 3
       default_fallback = no
       dead_time = 120
       wake_all_if_all_dead = no
}
home_server localhost {
       ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
       port = 1812
       type = "auth"
       secret = "testing123"
       response_window = 20
       max_outstanding = 65536
       zombie_period = 40
       status_check = "status-server"
       ping_check = "none"
       ping_interval = 30
       check_interval = 30
       num_answers_to_alive = 3
       num_pings_to_alive = 3
       revive_interval = 120
       status_check_timeout = 4
}
home_server_pool my_auth_failover {
       type = fail-over
       home_server = localhost
}
realm example.com {
       auth_pool = my_auth_failover
}
realm LOCAL {
}
radiusd: #### Instantiating modules ####
instantiate {
Module: Linked to module rlm_exec
Module: Instantiating exec
 exec {
       wait = yes
       input_pairs = "request"
       shell_escape = yes
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_expr
Module: Instantiating expr
Module: Linked to module rlm_expiration
Module: Instantiating expiration
 expiration {
       reply-message = "Password Has Expired  "
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_logintime
Module: Instantiating logintime
 logintime {
       reply-message = "You are calling outside your allowed timespan  "
       minimum-timeout = 60
radiusd: #### Loading Virtual Servers ####
server {
modules {
Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_pap
Module: Instantiating pap
 pap {
       encryption_scheme = "auto"
       auto_header = no
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_chap
Module: Instantiating chap
Module: Linked to module rlm_mschap
Module: Instantiating mschap
 mschap {
       use_mppe = yes
       require_encryption = no
       require_strong = no
       with_ntdomain_hack = no
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_unix
Module: Instantiating unix
 unix {
       radwtmp = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radwtmp"
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_eap
Module: Instantiating eap
 eap {
       default_eap_type = "md5"
       timer_expire = 60
       ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
       cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
 }
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_md5
Module: Instantiating eap-md5
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_leap
Module: Instantiating eap-leap
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_gtc
Module: Instantiating eap-gtc
  gtc {
       challenge = "Password: "
       auth_type = "PAP"
  }
rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/ttls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
rlm_eap: Ignoring EAP-Type/peap because we do not have OpenSSL support.
Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_mschapv2
Module: Instantiating eap-mschapv2
  mschapv2 {
       with_ntdomain_hack = no
  }
Module: Checking authorize {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_preprocess
Module: Instantiating preprocess
 preprocess {
       huntgroups = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/huntgroups"
       hints = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/hints"
       with_ascend_hack = no
       ascend_channels_per_line = 23
       with_ntdomain_hack = no
       with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
       with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
       with_alvarion_vsa_hack = no
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_realm
Module: Instantiating suffix
 realm suffix {
       format = "suffix"
       delimiter = "@"
       ignore_default = no
       ignore_null = no
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_files
Module: Instantiating files
 files {
       usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/users"
       acctusersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/acct_users"
       preproxy_usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/preproxy_users"
       compat = "no"
 }
Module: Checking preacct {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_acct_unique
Module: Instantiating acct_unique
 acct_unique {
       key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address,
Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"
 }
Module: Checking accounting {...} for more modules to load
Module: Linked to module rlm_detail
Module: Instantiating detail
 detail {
       detailfile =
"/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d"
       header = "%t"
       detailperm = 384
       dirperm = 493
       locking = no
       log_packet_header = no
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_radutmp
Module: Instantiating radutmp
 radutmp {
       filename = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp"
       username = "%{User-Name}"
       case_sensitive = yes
       check_with_nas = yes
       perm = 384
       callerid = yes
 }
Module: Linked to module rlm_attr_filter
Module: Instantiating attr_filter.accounting_response
 attr_filter attr_filter.accounting_response {
       attrsfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/attrs.accounting_response"
       key = "%{User-Name}"
 }
Module: Checking session {...} for more modules to load
Module: Checking post-proxy {...} for more modules to load
Module: Checking post-auth {...} for more modules to load
Module: Instantiating attr_filter.access_reject
 attr_filter attr_filter.access_reject {
       attrsfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/attrs.access_reject"
       key = "%{User-Name}"
radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
listen {
       type = "auth"
       ipaddr = *
       port = 0
}
listen {
       type = "acct"
       ipaddr = *
       port = 0
}
Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Listening on proxy address * port 1814
Ready to process requests.