OT:securew2 problem with Vista

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 15:14:43 CET 2008

Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was using with no problem securew2 3.3.3. on Windows XP but I have
> problems with laptops with Windows Vista, I installed the software and
> configured wireless network settings but login dialog box never
> appears, always the "fine" vista native box does it instead...
>

> Please, if someone is using this software and could get working Vista,
> tell me how you did it.

I've done it on at least 5 vista laptops, when the built in supplicant
had stopped working.

I've always had the user enter their username and password, and saved it
with the configuration though, and I've only used it for wired
connections only, as PAP does not provide keying material for wireless
clients !!

Arran

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk)
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer