Unix group authentication

Shawn Storey storey_shawn at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 18 19:52:59 CET 2008

Hello,
I have compiled and installed successfully FreeRADIUS2.0.3 on Debian (had to add a trailer to debian/changelog after the 2.0.3 section) and have setup EAP-TTLS for authenticating wireless users to UNIX accounts. What I would like to do is have FreeRADIUS check if the user is a member of the UNIX group "wireless" that I created and only allow members of that group to authenticate. Is this possible, and if so how? We are planning to migrate all of our servers to OpenLDAP in the summer, which we have tested successfully, but I was hoping to get FreeRADIUS to do this in the meantime.

Thanks