rlm_exec use

T Kid82 tkid2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:00:58 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get RADIUS to run a perl script which would
authenticate users (and yes I have tried rlm_perl but I decided
against it). So far all I have in the perl script itself is

------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use Data::Dumper;

exit 3;
----------------------------------

This is what my debug output says when I run radtest:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 33397,
id=236, length=56
        User-Name = "matt"
        User-Password = "testing"
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
        NAS-Port = 1645
+- entering group authorize
Exec-Program output:
Exec-Program: returned: 3
++[exec] returns ok
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [matt/testing] (from client localhost port 1645)
  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT
        expand: %{User-Name} -> matt
attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds

This is what I have in my radiusd.conf

authorize {
    exec
}

authentication {
    Auth-Type Exec {
        exec

I would think this should let all users pass through but it doesnt
seem to be doing that. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for your help,

-- Tauseef