802.1x maschine auth with SSL?

mrhotstandby at gmail.com mrhotstandby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:30:26 CET 2008

Hi,

thanks for replys!

i'm very sorry, there is a little missunderstanding :(
Switch works ok so far, so nothing needs to be done there.
My client is xp box with logon client which can do maschine auth and
prompt the user for his name and pass...
So i use ssl to auth the maschine (has a general cert like
"clientofmycompany"). before that i just used user+pw for the box,
which worked and i had user+pw in my users file... to provide vlan id,
you know?
now i read when using ssl, i don't need the user+pw stuff in my users
file - but how assign vlan then?
And after all that stuff, if user logs on, a new 802.1x request is
send out, which uses ssl + user + pw (ttls) to put him in his "home"
vlan.

Now better? sorry for the missunderstanding :(

Thanksalot!