Radius authentication

Charnjit Sidhu c.sidhu at bham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 12:04:36 CET 2008

Hi,

Have downloaded and installed Authen:: Radius module from cpan without any problems, I know get no errors in my log files but it still does not authenticate, I already have a auth_radius.pl script which is run to authenticate which looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Authen::Radius;

my $username = shift;
my $password = shift;

my $r = new Authen::Radius(Host => 'myserver', Secret => 'mysecret');
my $result = $r->check_pwd($username, $password);

exit ($result == 1) ? 0 : 1;

I thought this should pass all the relevant radius parametres to the module. Do I need to add the radius server and secret anywhere else in the perl module? (never used perl module before).

Charnjit