rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP?

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sun Mar 30 14:28:01 CEST 2008

Phil Mayers wrote:
> secrookie at mac.com wrote:
>> My setup is as follows and I am trying to do WPA2 EAP-TLS
>> authentication on an Apple Airport WLAN:
>>
>> Fedora 8
>> Freeradius (192.168.1.26)
>> Airport Express (192.168.1.23) - WPA2
>
> No it is not:

Could be WPA2 Personal ;)

>> I do not seem to be seeing eap messages in debug mode.   Would
>> appreciate some assistance if possible.
>>
>> --REJECTED USER
>>
>> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.1.23:1812, id=88,
>> length=73
>>     User-Password = "testing123"
>>     User-Name = "0019w3-h9a056"
>>     NAS-Identifier = "192.168.1.23"
>>     NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.23
>
> That is a PAP request; your access point isn't using WPA. Fix your AP

Yes you've enabled Mac (Media Access Control) authentication as opposed
to WPA2-Enterprise which is EAP based.

You've configured the airport to send a Access-Request packet with a
dummy password and the mac-address of the station wishing to associate.
This is *not* EAP-Based.

I can't remember what the settings are off the top of my head, but if
you haven't figured it out by Monday email me directly and I'll be able
to help/ send you a demo config.

Arran