HOWTO PEAP + FreeRadius + XP Client

George KNIGHT georgeknight at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:45:01 CEST 2008

Hi Allan,

Sorry that It was a mistake to say that I made changes at the config files.
 In fact I didn't not change anything on radiusd.conf and the only change I
made at eap.conf is this line;

default_eap_type = peap

As it was md5 before.

Yes, I run all the commands as a root.  Is this wrong?

When I run the bootstrap script, again, as a root,  here is what I get;

comp-010:/etc/raddb/certs # ./bootsrap
bash: ./bootsrap: No such file or directory
comp-010:/etc/raddb/certs # ./bootstrap
make: Nothing to be done for `ca'.
make: Nothing to be done for `server'.
make: `dh' is up to date.
make: `random' is up to date.
comp-010:/etc/raddb/certs #

I will use the default certs for just testing purposes. Once I make this
work with defaults ones, I will sure go ahead and create new certificates.
But at this moment, all I want to see  a working version of PEAP
authentication in my test environment.

Thank you

George Knight