Machine authentication

George KNIGHT georgeknight at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:10:28 CEST 2008

Hello All,
I've been trying to setup an environment where WinCE OS client computers
authenticate themselves using wireless connection to the freeradius v.2.0.3
 server with PEAP. The authenticator will eventually be Cisco AP1242 AP but
for now I am using Symbol AP300.

The way that I want to set this up is that the computers with WinCE OS will
be used by users who shouldn't be asked any user name or input. All I want
is WinCE machines to authenticate themselves with freeradius through
certificates. Basically, I want machine authentication as opposed to user
authentication.

Is there specific changes I have to do on conf files for this to work? Or
any change at the client machines?

Thank you.
George Knight