Machine authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 7 22:17:13 CEST 2008

George KNIGHT wrote:
> Thank you for your reply David.
>
> I have a long way to go I guess.

  I understand.  I've been hitting the same wall for 10 years.

Q: How do I get FreeRADIUS working with a proprietary, undocumented,
non-compliant vendor software?

A: Damned if I know.  When you find out, please tell us, so other people
don't run into the same problem.

  ... and ... silence.

  Repeat that exchange every month for a decade, with different NAS
vendors, Microsoft, supplicants, VPN's, etc.  It's no wonder I'm a
little cranky at times.  I've put everything I know into the server, and
people *still* get upset that FreeRADIUS is a PoS because they can't get
some crappy vendor's products to work with it.

  What are we supposed to do?  Your frustration is natural, but we're
stuck, too.