Load testing tool recommendation

Anders Holm anders.holm at sysadmin.ie
Fri May 9 17:03:50 CEST 2008

So, I'm building a complete solution, from scratch.

As such, the business owners have some requirements on how many requests it should be handle today per second and "some point in the future" as well.

Would there be any good load testing tools, or some handy way to figure out how many tps my current setup can handle?

I've got a dirt simple Perl script that forks out x radtest processes and I'm just right now seeing how many a second I can ship. Problem being, the RADIUS server is happily letting me melt down to "client" systems, without breaking a sweat. I'd like to load the server, not the clients .. :) I want to see where it eventually breaks down, which seems a task in its own right.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. I'd rather have something I can fire off from command line then a GUI solution, for obvious reasons.

Cheers!

//anders