EAP-TLS can't get connected..etc.

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 13 18:58:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I installed the Freeradius 2.0.4 as Mr. Alan DeKok had suggested
> I browse www.freeradius.org and run below command.
> #cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source login
> CVS password: anoncvs
> nothing happen and return to #

'nothing' should happen as all you've done is log into a CVS session

> #cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source checkout radiusd

this will download the latest CVS version - '2.0.5' from the
main site into a directory called 'radiusd' - which will
be put into whereever you were when you ran the command

compile problems could be due to having the latest CVS code which
might have a problem in it at any time.

was there a specific reason not to use eg 2.0.4.tar.bz2 download
from the freeradius.org site?

> I checked the version in /usr/share/doc/radius/VERSION and it shows 2.0.2 (installed before)
> Have I installed freeradius-2.0.4?

not from what i've seen you type. what does eg 'radiusd -v' tell you?

> If I want to uninstall or remove previous version such Freeradius-1.1.7 ..what command I should run or just simply delete the folder in Freeradius?

how did you install it? from RPM or APT etc? or from source?
if from source, you will need to look in the binary and library
directories for all the files it will have installed...usually
/location/to/bin/rad*  /location/to/lib/rlm_* /local/to/lib/radius*
and then a whole load of things in /usr/share/radius etc etc
(just do eg 'make -n install' to see what it puts where.

alan