EAP-TLS cert

Kwok Sianbin sianbin_kwok at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 04:45:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

 I've installed FreeRadius-2.0.4 and run fine.
 Here a few thing I had editted.

 Clients.conf
 client 192.168.0.0/24 {
     secret        = testing123-1
     shortname    = private-network-1
}

 eap {
         default_eap_type    = tls

 tls {
     fragment_size    =1024
         include_lenght    = yes
 }

 users
 MarsindNet    Cleartext_Password    := "hello"
                      Reply-Message = "Hello, %{User-Name}"

 Now..I want to test connecting with Windows XP but I could not find
 root.der or cert-clt.p12 like previous version has.

 What files should I copy and install into Windows XP as client certificate?

 Thanks in advance.

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote: Kwok Sianbin wrote:
> I am newbie to linux and recently I try to implement  wireless
> connnection with EAP-TLS encryption. I am using Freeradius-1.1.7
> installed into Red Hat Enterprise 4.

  You should really use 2.0.4.

> Here I encounter problems that I can't solve it alone hence I need
> advice guru from this forum.
> the problem is client just can't get connected and keep request.

> Sending Access-Challenge of id 15 to 192.168.0.206 port 1025
> Going to the next request
> Waking up in 6 seconds...

  This is in the FAQ.  It's also documented in the "eap.conf" file in 2.0.4.

> Here I post the CA.certs execution result as I suppect that the errors
> might be due to certificate error.
> When I run ./CA.certs and I got a few errors.

  2.0.4 also contains new scripts for certificate creation.  They're
MUCH better than what's in 1.1.7.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html