Forcing lowercase User-Name with rlm_perl

Krzysztof Olędzki krzysztof.oledzki at axelspringer.pl
Sat May 17 15:31:56 CEST 2008

On 2008-05-17 02:09, Chris wrote:
> I basically want User-Name to be forced to lowercase for the duration
> of the request.
>
> I have done the following:
>
> modules {
> 	perl {
> 		module = my_perl_module.pm
> 	}
> }
>
> authorize {
> 	preprocess
> 	perl
> }
>
> Pertinent contents of my_perl_module.pm:
>
> sub authorize {
>          $RAD_REQUEST{'User-Name'} =~ tr/A-Z/a-z/;
>          return RLM_MODULE_OK;
> }
>

> This seems to do what I want.  Is it the correct way to accomplish
> this task?

  lc EXPR
  lc      Returns a lowercased version of EXPR.  This is the internal
          function implementing the "\L" escape in double-quoted strings.
          Respects current LC_CTYPE locale if "use locale" in force.  See
          perllocale and perlunicode for more details about locale and
          Unicode support.

          If EXPR is omitted, uses $_.

Best regards,

			Krzysztof Olędzki