howto EAP-TLS on freeradius 2.0.2-3 ??

Joel MBA OYONE mba_oyone at yahoo.fr
Mon May 19 01:10:17 CEST 2008

So i really wonder where is the problem !!!
maybe it is due to the hardware i use...

my switch is wireless controller -all AP rceive their config (RF, SSID, channels, Power Radio, security styuffs, etc..) from the switch. so when RADIUS authentication is set-up, every AP have to be authenticated by Freeradius before receiving the correct parameters by FR, using its @MAC as login and the word NOPASSWORD as password (that the theoroy said. cause i had to set Auth-Type := Accept to make it work). at this stage, authenticator is the wireless switch. it works with or without 802.1x ON. it work fine, and the AP are well manged by a centralpoint. no RADIUS problem with AP authetication.

- step2:
when an AP is recognized, end-users have to be autneticated too by RADIUS. this step, like the documentation says, the managed AP becomes "Authenticator". -so an entry exist for every AP in clients.conf too)

during the connection attempts, Radius receive acess request, and the correct certificate is chosen -he give me the correcte commonnameof certificate- but i think the supplicant (end-user on xp) never receive the access-challenge, even if it is sent by RADIUS Server.

i don't know if i am well understood or if I "do" misundertood something but it works like that at me now.

i installed, reinstalled and formated so much time that i am convincedthat i won't success alone.
Hey Ivan, won't you try to help me to fix this stone? i have definitely nodelay anymore, and no solution too. Freeradius is your own and i ma pretty sure that we could both fix the problem between a quarter or a half if you take fulll remote control of my computer and network, assisting you and telling my purpose.

thanx for help.