Dynamic VLAN and FreeRadius

Joel MBA OYONE mba_oyone at yahoo.fr
Thu May 22 13:45:40 CEST 2008

 Alan DeKok. wrote:

>  No.  VLAN assignment is after SSID association, and after 802.1x
> authentication.

OK, is it possible to associate in SSID_1 and be assigned to a different VLAN than the we are associated in ? (exemple, when i am associated to SSID_1, which belongs to VLAN100, RADIUS sends me "Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 200", which belongs to another SSID, what would happen and would authentication process success?)

- if i am assigned to another couple of SSID/VLAN than the one i am connected now by RADIUS, would authentication process restart at the beginning?
- is it possible to do EAP-TLS, EAP-PEAP and EAP-MD5 without the use of 802.1x when RADIUS is the authentication Server for a supplicant?

  thanx!

http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail