undefined symbol: sql_get_socket

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 28 18:45:46 CEST 2008

Giovanni Lovato wrote:
> It doesn't work, `ld' complains about unavailable static libraries. What
> I can't understand is why other module that use MySQL aren't affected by
> this problem!

  Because the problem is that the sqlippool module uses code from
rlm_sql, which in turn uses MySQL.  There is NO problem with just using
rlm_sql.  It's using sqlippool that causes problems.

  The underlying issue is that Debian has RTLD_GLOBAL turned off, where
other distributions has it turned on.  We're looking into ways to fix this.