can't initiate SIM , no RAND1 attribute

Kalyani Garigipati (kagarigi) kagarigi at cisco.com
Fri May 30 06:54:45 CEST 2008

Hi

I have tried the eap-sim test by putting the triplets in the
eapsim-in.txt also.

But I am still getting the same errors...

Please let me know in which file I should be keeping those triplets.

It would be of great help in someone attach the configuration file.

Regards,

Kalyani

[preprocess] returns ok

++[chap] returns noop

++[mschap] returns noop

    rlm_realm: Looking up realm "cisco.com" for User-Name =
"1234567892 at cisco.com"

    rlm_realm: No such realm "cisco.com"

++[suffix] returns noop

  rlm_eap: EAP packet type response id 1 length 25

  rlm_eap: No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation

++[eap] returns updated

++[unix] returns notfound

++[files] returns noop

++[expiration] returns noop

++[logintime] returns noop

rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.

++[pap] returns noop

  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP

auth: type "EAP"

+- entering group authenticate

  rlm_eap: EAP Identity

  rlm_eap: processing type sim

   can not initiate sim, no RAND1 attribute

 rlm_eap: Default EAP type sim failed in initiate

  rlm_eap: Failed in EAP select

++[eap] returns invalid

auth: Failed to validate the user.

Login incorrect: [1234567892 at cisco.com/<via Auth-Type = EAP>] (from
client cisco port 0 cli 1234567892 at cisco.com)

  Found Post-Auth-Type Reject

+- entering group REJECT

        expand: %{User-Name} -> 1234567892 at cisco.com

 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11

++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated

Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds

Going to the next request

Waking up in 0.9 seconds.

Sending delayed reject for request 0

        EAP-Message = 0x04010004

        Message-Authenticator = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000

Waking up in 4.9 seconds.

Cleaning up request 0 ID 189 with timestamp +16