Need help with Radiusclient-ng

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 30 09:57:00 CEST 2008

Pete Kay wrote:
> I am modifiying radiusclient-ng's radexample.c and there are two
> questions I have:
> 1. How to change the radiusclient setting so it is sending in password
> in Digest format?

  You need to implement digest authentication in the client.  This
requires writing code.

>  Since my freeradius is configured to use Digest as
> Auth-Type, I need to use the Digest Auth-type but radiusclient is
> sending in password in Cleartext out-of-box.

  If you're forcing Auth-Type in FreeRADIUS, that's wrong.  You don't
need to do that.  It breaks OTHER kinds of authentication, as you have seen.

> 2. How to send additinal attribute or user-defined attribute from
> radclient.c?

  See the API.

>  I need to use that additional attribute to tell freeradius
> what table to use for authentication.

  Don't.  Configure a policy on the server that figures it out from the
*normal* contents of the packet.  e.g. User-Name, NAS-IP-Address, etc.