Freeradius 2.0 with Activedirectory Integration Failed

Andy Ng nding at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:25:44 CET 2008

tnt-4 wrote:

>>Firstly, Thanks for taking time to look at the problems I am facing.
>>
>>I have followed your instructions, and set the following in the users
file:
>>DEFAULT   Auth-Type = ntlm_auth
>>
>>After doing that, I ran radiusd -X
>>The configuration was fine at the beginning, but as it reaches an abrupt
>>stop with the following errors in the debug:
>>/usr/local/etc/raddb/users[1]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT:
>>Unknown value ntlm_auth for attribute Auth-Type
>>Errors reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/users
>>/usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/files[7]: Instantiation failed for module
>>"files"
>>/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[111]: Failed to find
module
>>"files".
>>/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[34]: Errors parsing
>>authorize section.
>> }
>>}
>>Errors initializing modules
>>
>>It seems like it require an external ntlm_auth to execute, rather than one
>>that is embedded in MSCHAP module.
>>

> Well, yes. You said you were following the instructions in
>
> http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html
>
> That's one of the steps. Just add ntlm_auth to authenticate in both
> virtual servers (default and inner-tunnel).
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

The URL that I was following is using freeradius 1.x
Now, I am using freeradius 2.x, and thus I skipped the creation of "exec
ntlm_auth"

Furthermore, I do not know how to do so...
I tried to add it to the "exec" file in the module directory, but it didn't
work.
The error is still reported to be the same.

Should I fall back to freeradius 1.x instead?

Regards,
Andy