Regular Expression Syntax Error: Invalid regex in realm

Gökhan Eryol gokhaneryol at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 14:18:35 CET 2008

Thank you Ivan. I just noticed that asterisk is the problematic
character at this example. As you mentioned, there should not be
asterisk or with a "w" in front of it. On the other hand, with this
syntax "." becomes problematic since this syntax excludes @example.com
domains. Therefore, in order to process "example.com" and all
sub-domains of it which means "*.example.com", following should be
written in proxy.conf file:

realm "~w*example\\.com$" {
      authhost = LOCAL      # not strictly necessary
      accthost = LOCAL      # not strictly necessary
}

OR

realm "~example\\.com$" {
    authhost = LOCAL       # not strictly necessary
    accthost = LOCAL       # not strictly necessary
}

Above configuration also handles *example.com which means if you have
texample.com domain, you should write rules seperately for
@example.com and @*.example.com.

Best Regards,

Gokhan Eryol