Strange Problem with chap.

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Nov 11 12:01:42 CET 2008

>>I am using chilli-coova as hotspot and making its authentication via
>>freeradius.
>>I dont know if you have any experience with this software but, It has 2
>>kind of login pages. One is a cgi page with clean password, other is a
>>java script making chap authentication.
>>
>>here is the problem.
>>On freeradius i am using rlm_perl authentication for my users.
>>When i use cgi page or radtest tool and send clean password, everything
>>works flawless...
>>But if i decide to use chap somthing strange happens..
>>If i type correct user/pass freeradus denies it.. But it i type the
>>password wrong, freeradius accepts it..
>>

> No. If you type correct user/pass your perl script rejects it (sub
> authorize). But if you type the password wrong your perl script accepts
> it.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP

So ? Couldnt get it..Sorry..

Does freeradius not accept rlm_perl type authentication when it gets a
chap-type auth request? Even if i didnt add it to the virtualserver
config.
Is there a solution except changing my clients auth type from chap to
clear-text?

My virtual server config as follows..

server lojnet {

authorize {