Restricting user to specific NAS Port

Sean Preston sean at crypto.co.za
Tue Nov 11 12:28:10 CET 2008

Hi

2008/11/11  <tnt at kalik.net>:
> Use huntgroups to group ports.
>
> blah1 at example.com       Huntgroup-Name  ==      whatever

Thanks.  I took a look at huntgroups and it looks userful but I think
it is not right for what I am trying to do.  I think I did not explain
well enough.

I need to restrict a specifc user to say 2 specific NAS ports and then
define a different account to some different specific NAS ports.
Currently as long as an account is only ever going to use one NAS port
I can restrict it by adding the entry to the radcheck table.  So for
example if I have 10 users, I have 10 entries with the NAS port and
the == operator.  However if I want to add some accounts with multiple
entries then if I put more than one entry in radcheck for the same
username then it never authenticates because I assume it is trying to
ensure the user matches all entries which it obviously does not.  If I
use the += operator or := operators then it never seems to restrict
but always authenticates no matter what the port is.

I hope this explains what I am trying to do a little better.

Regards
Sean

--
Sean Preston