Restricting user to specific NAS Port

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 15:42:50 CET 2008

Sean Preston wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2008/11/11  <tnt at kalik.net>:
>
>>> I need to restrict a specifc user to say 2 specific NAS ports and then
>>> define a different account to some different specific NAS ports.
>>> Currently as long as an account is only ever going to use one NAS port
>>> I can restrict it by adding the entry to the radcheck table.  So for
>>> example if I have 10 users, I have 10 entries with the NAS port and
>>> the == operator.  However if I want to add some accounts with multiple
>>> entries then
>>>
>> .. use huntgroups.
>>

> Ok I think I understand what needs to be done.  So the next question
> then is how do I setup huntgroups to be in the same database as
> everything else because as it stands it looks like it can only be a
> file and I am going to have hundreds of groups and it would be easier
> to manage in the database.
>
> Regards
> Sean

I wrote documentation for how to implement huntgroups in SQL.
It does require FreeRADIUS version 2.x because it depends on unlang.
You won't need to modify FreeRADIUS 2.x, all you'll need to do is edit
some config files and add a table to your database. The documentation
is attached as a text file to this email.

HTH,

John

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>