rlm_ldap and auto_header

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Nov 11 21:14:30 CET 2008

>Why yes, I did map Cleartext-Password, since the debug error ( and
>various list postings) seemed clear on that:
>
>ldap.attrmap:
>checkItem       Cleartext-Password              userPassword

OK. Debug will moan about using User-Password if you are using clear text
password. It will moan, replace it with Cleartext-Password - and things
will still work. If you are using clear text passwords you can do this
mapping to shut it up. Better practice would be to map it to something
like radiusCleartextPassword and copy userPassword field there.

But mapping encrypted passwords to Cleartext-Password is clearly wrong.
Remove that mapping and auto_headers in pap will work.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP