client windows xp machine-only authentication

alois blasbichler alois.blasbichler at sb-brixen.it
Wed Nov 12 16:58:04 CET 2008

Hello

I implemented successfully  a wireless-access for clients windows xp
with  authentication of the machine (in a samba domain) and the users
(in a samba-domain) to my openldap-DB with freeradius.

This works fine.
My question : somebody have configured windows xp(SP3) to make only a
machine authentication ?
I was not able to restrict this.
My windows xp-clients makes first a machine-authentication and then
allways a user- authentication.

It is more a windows-question for a microsoft-mailinglist - i now - but
i think a lot of freeradius-users use like me windows-clients and
certainly somebody have a solution for me.

by
luis