authenticating to an Windows AD

Mike Diggins mike.diggins at mcmaster.ca
Tue Nov 18 22:30:41 CET 2008

Folks, I have freeradius running on a fedora linux box. I want to use it
for authentication from an Apache web server using the radius interface.
That part is working, and I'm able to authenticate web users only if they
have a local account on the freeradius server.

I want freeradius to authenticate against a Windows Active Directory. I
installed Samba and am running Winbind, and wbinfo/ntlm_auth both are able
to authenticate from the command line assuming I give it a valid username
and password. What module in freeradius do I use to authenticate through
Winbind? Could someone point me in the right direction please.

-Mike