pam_radius_auth v1.3.17 missing a define???

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Nov 23 17:03:58 CET 2008

David Ly wrote:
> I've been looking into the source code of pam radius, due to
> authentication failure without a entry in the local /etc/passwd file,

  That's the PAM value add...

> and i've noticed that;
>
> /|'PAM_SM_ACCOUNT|/ must be *#define*'d prior to including
> |<security/pam_modules.h>|.'
>
> isn't being done.

  You haven't said which OS this is on.  There *is* more than one
implementation of PAM.  And IIRC, that requirement wasn't there when the
module was originally written.

> Was this done on purpose? Could this possibly be factor in my problem. I
> would test it out, however I am unable to build the library on my
> machine. A fresh downloaded make gives me
>

> Nov 21 15:20:52 wisdur sshd[21221]: PAM unable to
> dlopen(/lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so):
> /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so: undefined symbol: __stack_chk_fail_local

  The compiler on your OS is adding extra magic to the compiled module.
 Either fix that so it's just a compiler, or fix the Makefile to
reference the correct libraries with this function.

  Either way, the module works on other systems.  So the module isn't
broken.

> (Just a side note, Does anyone knows why I get these errors when trying
> to build.)
> ggc -v ---> "gcc version 4.1.1"

  <sigh>  The messages clearly say "WARNING", not "ERROR".

  And the compiler warnings have been extended significantly since the
module was originally written.