No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user

hsuan hsuan at nchc.org.tw
Tue Nov 25 11:19:16 CET 2008

Hi all :

I have install freeradius-server-2.1.1 and I want use LDAP to do
authentication.

But when I using "radius -X" to start the radius

The server shown the message :

[ldap] performing user authorization for ldapuser

WARNING: Deprecated conditional expansion ":-".  See "man unlang" for
details

        expand: (uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}) -> (uid=ldapuser)

        expand: dc=mydomain,dc=com -> dc=mydomain,dc=com

rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0

rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0

rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection

rlm_ldap: (re)connect to localhost:389, authentication 0

rlm_ldap: bind as cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com/hsuan to localhost:389

rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...

rlm_ldap: Bind was successful

rlm_ldap: performing search in dc=mydomain,dc=com, with filter
(uid=ldapuser)

rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result

[ldap] search failed

rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0

++[ldap] returns notfound

++[expiration] returns noop

++[logintime] returns noop

[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication
may fail because of this.

++[pap] returns noop

No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
Rejecting the user

Failed to authenticate the user.

Using Post-Auth-Type Reject

+- entering group REJECT {...}

        expand: %{User-Name} -> ldapuser

 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11

++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated

Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds

Going to the next request

Waking up in 0.9 seconds.

Sending delayed reject for request 0

Sending Access-Reject of id 245 to 127.0.0.1 port 33059

What's the problem ? how can I to fix the error ?

Please help me!

Regards,

Vicky