Login incorrect (rlm_ldap: User not found)

hsuan hsuan at nchc.org.tw
Wed Nov 26 07:52:56 CET 2008

Dear all:

I have install freeradius-server-2.1.1 and I want use LDAP to do
authentication.

And I have add a new ldap user "hoyo" and set the user password

But when I using "radius -X" to start the radius

The server shown the message :

[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication
may fail because of this.

++[pap] returns noop

No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
Rejecting the user

Failed to authenticate the user.

Login incorrect (rlm_ldap: User not found): [hoyo/hoyo] (from client
my_radius_client_pc port 0)

Using Post-Auth-Type Reject

+- entering group REJECT {...}

        expand: %{User-Name} -> hoyo

 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11

++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated

..

I have set the user "hoyo " password by "ldappasswd -S -x -W -D
"cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com" "cn=hoyo,dc=mydomain,dc=com""

and response as follows :

"New password:

Re-enter new password:

Enter LDAP Password:

Result: Success (0)"

But why still have error ? how can I to solve the problem ?

Regards,

Vicky